Monday - Ceviche Tacos
- You just got to love fish - it's versatility just amazes me. It's ease of preparation just makes you smile. The flavor - well, distinctive, if not delicious for some people. I'm convinced that people who don't like fish grew up without ever trying good fish.
- A lot of great fresh vegetables and citrus flavor just for the summer.
- I might put the jalapenos on hold.
- Pair with a fresh fruit salad?
- Oh, and this is my gazpacho substitute.
- Seems easy enough, I just wonder if it's really going to be dinner.
- And I almost feel like I should serve some wheat grass juice shots.
- You knew there was going to be a salad dinner, right? Well, good thing is our daughter loves beans.
- You may be able to save a little time and ingredients if you pick up a bottled dressing.
- Does boiling eggs count?
- I've included a pesto recipe, but really, just buy one from a reputable specialty store.
- Does boiling pasta count? While your at it, why not steam up or add some shrimp to the boiling water.
- Finally my wife did something that measures up to my goofball passport debacle.
- So, we'll call it even and celebrate with pizza. Maybe even bon chon next week.
- Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs - tomatoes (5), red onions (2), romaine lettuce, avocado (4), cilantro, fresh seasonal fruits, dill, lemon
- Meat, Chicken, Fish - sushi grade fish, prosciutto
- Milk, Dairy, Tofu, Eggs - butter, manchego, buttermilk
- Grains, Breads - baguette
- Frozen, Canned - green beans, navy beans, pesto
- Other - lime juice, lemon juice, canned jalapenos, taco shells, salsa, dressing
- Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs - potatoes, baby spinach, parsley, basil
- Meat, Chicken, Fish - shrimp (optional)
- Milk, Dairy, Tofu, Eggs - eggs
Notes of the week:
1. Salmon Ceviche couldn't be better. I wouldn't change or modify any part of that recipe.
2. The avocado soup was good, but for those less adventurous folk, you'll constantly wonder if you're having soup or guacamole.