Monday - Sausage, Kale, White Beans
- Remove casings for sweet italian sausages into pan of chopped garlic clove and olive oil. Once cooked, add kale and rinsed white beans (canned). Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice or some pasta.
- Of course, this is probably not the first recipe that comes to people's minds, but my wife had already bought a couple of pounds of sweet italian because they were on sale at WholeFoods.
Tuesday - Cold Sausage, Kale, White Beans
- Unpack into a plate of greens if desired.
- Side of warm rice is nice too.
Wednesday - Japanese Curry
- We've had this one on before and this menu really does get better on the second day.
- Gather up a meat, some potatoes, carrots, onions, and of course, the box of japanese curry. Following the box directions is all you need. Some also add hand made apple sauce for additional texture and flavor.
- If possible, use up the burdock root and make some miso soup, again this will be better tomorrow too.
Thursday - Japanese Curry v. 02
- Just reheat, nothing special necessary.
- I forgot to mention kimchi, that tastes better on the second day too. Actually, waiting a year makes it vintage.
Friday - Off to London
- A 16 month old on a five hour flight, with only one seat to share between us. Many have already forewarned us that we will regret the one seat. Ah well.
- She's been an angel so far in the all the flights we've taken her on. I think this is where the lucky streak comes to an end.
- Pray for us!
Shopping list for me:
- Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs - kale, zucchini, carrots, corn, seasonal fruits
- Canned, Bakery - canned white beans
Shopping list addtl:
- Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs - potatoes
- Specialty - japanese curry cubes