Monday - Spinach Tofu Miso and Rice
- Easy to make, always tasty, and will last for tomorrow's salmon meal.
- Fish is always good.
- I saw this recipe and thought, wow, can't get easier than this.
Thurdsay - German Blueberry Pancakes and Sausages/ Bacon
- Breakfast for dinner? If there are restaurants that serve breakfast 24/7, then I don't see why I can't do the same at home. Besides, these are just your regular pancakes.
- In highschool, my older sister took the two us, myself and my younger sister, out for a meal at a newly acclaimed restaurant in Vegas called Keuken Deustch which is where I had my first and only try of this German pancake. It was very memorable that even to this day I think about it. Thanks to my sisters, and happy mother's day, noona (that's sister in korean).
- Oh, break out the cast iron for this recipe.
Friday - PIZZA!!!
Shopping List for me:
- Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs - 4-6 tomatoes, blueberries, 1 lemon, mushrooms, spinach, fresh basil
- Meat, Poultry, Fish - 1 lb salmon filet, sausages/ bacon
- Baking, spices
Shopping List Addtl:
- Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs - carrots, green onions, chives
- Dry goods - spaghetti
- Baking, spices - vanilla extract, flour, cinnamon, cardamon, powdered sugar
- Specialty Grocery - miso paste, tofu
Notes of the Week:
1. Yes, I forgot to say that I was repeating the miso menu for Monday so really the salmon, fresh tomato sauce, and pancake dishes are the only ones I haven't tried before.
2. The salmon was okay, nothing spectacular.
3. The fresh tomato sauce recipe was simple as predicted, but definitely wait for better tomatoes. The ones I got from wholefoods (cambridge) wasn't that great so I had to add a little sherry. Also, don't expect a sweet sauce like the bottled stuff, this is really a bare bones dish, which I happen to enjoy. In fact, I think this dish, because it is easy to prepare, can be a side dish for many other menus - you know, put pasta back into its place as a first course.
4. Alas, I didn't get to do the pancake recipe because my generous sister-in-law said she would cook for us and I couldn't refuse, especially since I have CFA exams coming up in June. I'm taking advantage of any opportunity to study more.
5. I was so happy that at least someone else besides our family is getting some benefit from my postings. In fact, one thing I really enjoy about posting this stuff is talking to other friends and getting their thoughts on what they cook, or would like to cook. And, after CFA exams, I'll be having more invites. And, once we move (if we ever move), I'll even have backyard fiestas.