For those that are new to this blog, I look to create a weekly menu (usually Monday through Thursday with Friday being an "eating out/ take out" day) for my wife and now 21 month old daughter. I scour the webpages for what I hope are easy recipes that even I could do. I rely on many friends to help me find recipes to put on my weekly menu. I usually post the menus for the week on the Friday or Saturday before the week, complete with a grocery list, so we can do our weekly Sunday shopping.
So without much further ado, the list for the week is as follows.
Monday - Japanese Chicken Curry
- The old standby which should usually be done at the end of the week with whatever vegetables are left, but we have a chicken in the fridge that needs cooking.
- Use japanese curry cubes and don't be shy with the vegetables (at least carrots, potatoes, one celery stick). Directions on the box are simple and more than adequate. If you want to get fancy, throw in some fresh apple sauce.
- Serve with rice and kimchi.
Tuesday - Creamy Shrimp & Broccoli Fettucine
- My daughter is asking for more variety in her diet. Can't give her the same meal back to back as much these days. The creamy flavor here should be a nice follow up to the more spicy curry.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.
Wednesday - Winter Vegetable Soup
- Nice on a chilly evening.
Thursday - Shepherd's Pie
- My wife has been craving for this since last week - time to deliver.
Friday - Whiskey Night!!!
- The girls may be on their own this night, because the man may have to conquer some scotch and whiskey.
- Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs - potatoes, celery, broccoli, garlic, salad greens, leeks, red and white onions, tomatoes, butternut squash, rutabaga, turnips, parsley
- Meats, Poultry, Fish - 2 lb ground beef, 1 lb beef bones and beef chuck, shrimp
- Dairy - heavy cream, 6 lb cheese
- Pasta - fettucine
- Frozen - green peas, corn
- Misc - lima beans
- Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs - carrots
- Frozen - green
- Misc - beef stock, white wine, worcestershire sauce