August 10 Menu

We had a wonderful beach day that started with a hefty lunch at the Village in Essex with good friends. Fried clams, lobster rolls, clam chowdas, broiled fish, etc. The day almost had me forget about my stiff neck, which has been plaguing me for two weeks straight now. I'll be going to the doctors just to be safe it isn't Lyme disease. In the meantime, I'm going to have to revisit some favorites since it pains me to sit in my typing position.

Monday - Broiled Fish
  • Nice and easy - salt, olive oil, maybe lemon.
  • Rice and some edamem beans and vegetables.
  • Save the left over fish for Wednesday's fried rice dish.
Tuesday - Gyudon
Wednesday - Fried Rice and Greens
  • If you have left over rice, fish, and beef, it'll be perfect (substitute the spam in the recipe with your leftovers). Have the rice at room temperature to make this dish work.
  • http://korean-cuisine.blogspot.com/2008/10/bokeum-bap-fried-rice.html
  • Separately, take greens, add chopped garlic, some oyster sauce, little salt and pepper, and call it a day.
Thursday - Sausage, Kale, Beans
  • Serve with rice or pasta.
  • I've done this dish with sweet and hot italian sausage and I prefer the hots.
  • Remove casings and put sausage into pan. Add garlic and olive oil. Add beans once sausage is cooked through. Add kale to cook.
Friday - Takeout!

  • Finally, something different, right? Maybe some good thai food.

Shopping List for me:

  • Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs - carrots, brocolli, kale
  • Meats, Poultry, Fish - whole fish, sukiyaki sliced beef, hot italian sausage
  • Dairy, Eggs, Cheese - eggs, milk
  • Frozen - edamame, peas, corn
  • Other - protein powder

Shopping List Addtl:

  • Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs - ginger
  • Grains, Beans, Canned - white beans
  • Specialty - hondashi

No comments: