April 6 Menu

Monday - Leftovers from Sydney's Birthday

Tuesday - Leftovers from Sydney's Birthday

Wednesday - Mussels, Honey Melon Salad, Cupcakes for Sydney

Thursday - Oven Fried Chicken, Bleu Cheese Salad, Mashed Potatoes

Friday - Leftovers from Thursday

Shopping List for me:

  • Meat & Seafood - Mussels
  • Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs - Shallots, Arugula
  • Dairy, Juice, Eggs - Agave Juice, Cream Cheese
  • Other - White Wine, Can Crushed Pineapple

Shopping List Additional:

  • Condiments, Can Food - Crushed Tomatoes,
  • Vegetables, Fuits, Herbs - Garlic, Honey Melon, Lime
  • Baking, Spices - Dried Rosemary, Red Chili, Salt, Pepper

Notes for the Week:

1. The cupcakes for Monday were fantastic. In fact, I made them for Wednesday. And, if you don't have agave syrup, maple syrup works as well. Oh, and it's important to know the temperature of your oven if you want your cupcakes to rise. I tried 475 degrees and it helped.

2. Okay, I didn't do the mussels and honey melon salad because I had an unexpected invitation to a Red Sox game. But my wife steamed the mussels anyway and made a very tasty korean seaweed soup.

3. Ina Garten's recipes were good. The fried/bake oven was simple. I skimmed off the left over oil and added butter and flour to make a quick gravy. And the bleu cheese salad was superb. Note, good Roquefort cheese is EXPENSIVE.

No comments: