Well, this week, the menu is again, sadly, less than inspiring. Here it goes (and sorry for the late pin-up, it's pretty much useless now, so no grocery list this week):
Monday - Beef and Vegetables (asparagus and carrots)
- This is pretty much a stir fry menu served with rice.
Tuesday - Kale Sausage Mushroom Stew
- let's try this again.
Wednesday - Lo-mein
- the ubiquitous lo-mein and yet this is our first time trying to cook it
- please, chinese friends, do not look down on us
Thursday - Steamed Clams and Pasta
- this is a trader's joe set-up - they have packaged clams in garlic sauce
- you only add the noodles
Friday - Leftovers
- I can only hope there aren't any leftovers and we can go out for pizza.
- Am I the only person who thinks half a pie of pizza is an adequate dinner?
For those observant followers, you're probably wondering, "what the heck happened to the low calorie nutrient dense diet?" Well, like all fads, it went out with the old as soon as I realized that the only way I would be able to get any of the recipes would be by buying books or memberships to weird alternative life-style websites that dispense vitamins, etc.