At any rate, here's the menu for the week:
Monday - Pasta Alfredo Primavera
- Can you believe this? I guess all those vegetables balance out all that cream.
- I'm sure better recipes abound, but this one sounds so much easier.
- Oh, and remember to make extra for tomorrow's side and put beans in water. In the morning, but the beans in the slow cooker. OR, just get canned beans.
Tuesday - Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Let's add some navy beans, go with lite dressing, and tomato basil tortilla.
- This recipe even has pumpkin seeds.
Wednesday - Kale Sausage Mushroom Stew
- Here's a Bittman beauty.
- What to do for sides? Cous-cous?
Thursday - Asparagus & Shrimp Risotto
- And if we get leftovers from the prior days, this could dinner may really come together.
Friday - Thai Take Out
- Inkling for Roddee, but knowing our friends in Cambridge go on Sundays, we may have to opt for pizza and be a little patient.
- Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs - broccoli, cauliflower, salad greens, red bell peppers, kale, mushrooms, asparagus, shallot, parsley
- Meat, Poultry, Fish - chicken tenderloins, italian sausage, shrimp
- Dairy, Juice - cream cheese, feta, milk, yogurt
- Breads, Grains - tomato basil tortillas, risotto rice
- Canned - black beans, navy beans, chicken stock
- Misc - caesar dressing, pumpkin seeds
Shopping List addtl:
- Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs
- Meat, Poultry, Fish
- Grains - Cous-cous
- Dairy, Juice - parmesan cheese
- Misc - white wine