Mar 1 Menu

My friends are always an inspiration. A couple of weeks ago, I perused a photo gallery of their daughter making pizza. It looked like a blast, and later I was told it was just fantastic family time. So, I've ordered a pizza stone, paddle, and wheel - then went to thinking. What else could we do with the pizza stone? And, what other recipes are there that could use the help of my almost 2 year old? Well, I tried my best to find some ideas but I would definitely like some more.

Monday - Pizza
  • We get our dough from the corner pizza bar.
  • Stretch dough, spread sauce, add cheese & toppings, put in oven - at least that's what I think I remember our pizza guy doing.
  • Note to self and wife - pizza stone must be gradually heated and cooled otherwise it will crack; also pizza stone must be washed with warm water ONLY, no soap.
Tuesday - Pita Bread
  • http://teafactory.wordpress.com/
  • I can't assure you that we will have time for this recipe unless I can find ready made pita dough - does it exist?

Wednesday - Soft Tacos
  • Here is the recipe of the tortilla - http://www.abreadaday.com/?p=339
  • For the filling, I usually go with ground beef and a packet of taco seasoning

Thursday - Leftover Day
  • All that cooking of breads, we will eat the leftovers - with butter, my daughter's favorite.

Friday - Baked Bread
  • You know we do take out, but I really want to have some fun with this thing.
  • http://www.thefreshloaf.com/lessons/yourfirstloaf
  • We'll do some pasta on the side.

Grocery List for me:
  • Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs - bell peppers, mushrooms,
  • Meats, Poultry, Fish - pepperoni, deli meat, ground beef
  • Dairy, Eggs - mozarella, ricotta
  • Dry & Cans - pizza sauce, clams, corn meal, basic yeast, vegetable shortening
  • Frozen - ice cream, ready made pita dough?, ready made other dough

No comments: