My friends are always an inspiration. A couple of weeks ago, I perused a photo gallery of their daughter making pizza. It looked like a blast, and later I was told it was just fantastic family time. So, I've ordered a pizza stone, paddle, and wheel - then went to thinking. What else could we do with the pizza stone? And, what other recipes are there that could use the help of my almost 2 year old? Well, I tried my best to find some ideas but I would definitely like some more.
Monday - Pizza
- We get our dough from the corner pizza bar.
- Stretch dough, spread sauce, add cheese & toppings, put in oven - at least that's what I think I remember our pizza guy doing.
- Note to self and wife - pizza stone must be gradually heated and cooled otherwise it will crack; also pizza stone must be washed with warm water ONLY, no soap.
- I can't assure you that we will have time for this recipe unless I can find ready made pita dough - does it exist?
Wednesday - Soft Tacos
- Here is the recipe of the tortilla - http://www.abreadaday.com/?p=339
- For the filling, I usually go with ground beef and a packet of taco seasoning
Thursday - Leftover Day
- All that cooking of breads, we will eat the leftovers - with butter, my daughter's favorite.
Friday - Baked Bread
- You know we do take out, but I really want to have some fun with this thing.
- We'll do some pasta on the side.
Grocery List for me:
- Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs - bell peppers, mushrooms,
- Meats, Poultry, Fish - pepperoni, deli meat, ground beef
- Dairy, Eggs - mozarella, ricotta
- Dry & Cans - pizza sauce, clams, corn meal, basic yeast, vegetable shortening
- Frozen - ice cream, ready made pita dough?, ready made other dough